Saturday, November 5

It’s all in the Plans

Last week was a humdinger. Lots of activities and commitments were further reinforced with a twisted work schedule. I resorted to “brought-in” food. That is not a terribly shameful event; life is a busy affair. As I reflect on the week, thought, I realize something important to my lagging performance: no plan.

I entered last week with no real plan for dinners. So, when the “let’s get something at . . .” challenge came up I was defenseless. I could not quickly assemble a “made-at-home” counter argument.

I feel the decision on what to cook is a much greater burden than the execution of cooking the meal. When one is on the spot, the "what to make" decision easily overwhelms; the poor soul (that's me) falls into the convenient trap of "food through the window".

This week, I am back on the the track with a menu plan and a productive trip to the grocer. I'll let you know how much better it feels!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home