Wednesday, January 10

Oh Sole Mio!!!!

The Jan/Feb 2007 Cooking Light has a couple recipes that called out to me. Regular readers of this blog know that CL is, really, my main source for recipes and techniques. It certainly plays a role in MITK’s strategy sessions. If you have not looked over this periodical, stop by your library and give it a look, take out one of those pesky cards and get a subscription!

Now, the faster way to the data is cookinglight.com(see the link to the right.). The website is not where I get my info. The old-fashioned-guy in me likes to read a magazine while lounging on the couch. Plus, I still get a twinge of excitement when the new issue arrives.

One recipe that I did last night is a great version of a classic. Sole with Tarragon-Butter Sauce (page 148) is really easy and so delicious, you have to try it.

Since I am a tinker, I upped the shallots a little (about ½ cup—maybe more) and I used Orange Roughy. As is often the case, any white fish will work well in this dish.

Sole with Tarragon-Butter Sauce (Cooking Light, Jan-Feb 2007, Page 148)

4 – 6 ounce, Sole fillets
½ tsp salt, divided
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Cooking Spray
¾ cp dry white wine
¾ cp low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1/3 cp finely chopped shallots
1 Tbsp minced, fresh garlic
5 tsp butter, cut into small pieces
1 Tbsp chopped, fresh chives
1-½ tsp chopped, frech tarragon.

Sprinkle fish with ¼ tsp salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 fillets and cook about 2 minutes per side until fish flakes easily. Remove, cover to keep warm, and cook the two remaining fillets.

Add wine, broth, garlic and shallots to pan; bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced to about a ½ cup (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in butter, remaining salt, chives, and tarragon. Spoon sauce over fish and serve immediately. (1 fillet and 3 Tbsp sauce per serving)

Cal 197, fat 6.6g, Pro 29.4g.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home