Wednesday, December 27

Hey Hey Paula!

I was never a fan of Paula Deen. I saw her bubbly, Southern-belle, face on the Food network and did not have much cause to watch her program. Often the foods did not really appeal to me or they seemed a bit too indulgent.

For Christmas, a relative gave me one of her cookbooks. After paging through the collection, I realize that there is much to offer in Paula’s arsenal of foods. Also, her story is a fine testament of one person doing what is needed and thriving by keeping focus. I'll try some of Paula's recipes! It seems reasonable to say that I am not going to make hush-puppies and collard greens, but other offerings are delightful.

Here is one, ultra-simple recipe from her collection. This crab bisque is fast and superb. It is almost embarrassing that it is so simple. You can thank the Lady for this one!

Crab Bisque (Paula H. Deen's, The Lady and Sons, too! Page 27)

1 – 10 3/4 ounce can of cream of asparagus soup
1- 10 ¾ ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup milk
¼ cup half and half
½ pound crab meat
¼ cp. Dry sherry

Combine all the ingredients in a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
This soup can be frozen for up to a month.

I used Fat Free half and half (though I still don’t know what that means!!) and it worked well.

Cook, smile and laugh!
Happy and tasty New year!!
MITK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home